With the busy holiday travel week coming up, you may want a good, healthy meal while traveling… or just a strong drink. No judgments here, in fact I may be joining you.
If you’re flying through San Diego Airport’s Terminal 2, Artisan Market is your place. Fresh salads, healthy snacks on the go, local beer, and craft cocktails. Sounds like heaven. And hey, if you never got to experience a famous Stone brew while in San Diego, now’s your chance!
I hope everyone has healthy, safe travels this holiday!
These salads are not just your typical airport caesar or garden salads. The ingredients are more fun! Also the boxes are perfect for getting a full meal out of snacking on your flight (my style of eating).
- Kale & Prosciutto Salad: Prosciutto, parmesan, radicchio, aged balsamic ($9.95)
- Mediterranean Salad: Local greens, tomato, garbanzo beans, flatbread chips, feta, red onion, salami ($9.95)
- Hummus Box ($7.95)
- Protein Box ($8.50)
HEALTHY PACKAGED SNACKS
In a rush and just want a snack to hold you over on your flight? Grab one of these!
- Artisan Market Snack Packs: Peanuts, trail mix, greek yogurt covered pretzels
- Bobo’s Oat Bars
- Chobani Greek Yogurt ($2.95)
- Coconut Water ($3.85)
- Nothin’ But Premium Snack Bars
- Peeled Organic Dried Fruit: Apple or mango flavors
- Quest Bars
- Rhythm Kale Chips: Kool Ranch flavor
Maybe you’re feeling a drink to accompany that fresh salad. The Stone Brewing Co. Bar in The Artisan Market isn’t just for craft beer lovers (although I highly recommend some of their brews). If craft cocktails are your thing, they’ve got them. There’s also a good wine selection and of course beer. I love the local influence of Stone Brewing here!
- Bloody Mary: Skyy Vodka, housemade bloody mary mix, fresh lime (small $11, large $17)
- Gin Mary: Old Harbour Southwest Gin, housemade bloody mary mix, fresh lime (small $11, large $17)
- Margarita: Fortaleza Blanco Tequila, fresh lime juice, Cointreau ($12)
- Berry Whiskey Smash: Wild Turkey 81 Whiskey, fresh lemon juice, muddled berries, and mint ($12)
- Moscow Mule: Fugu Vodka, fresh lime, ginger beer ($11)
- Balboa: Henebery Whiskey, Rx sarsaparilla bitters, fresh lemon juice, honey syrup ($11)
- Junglebird: Cruzan BlackStrap Rum, Campari, pineapple juice, fresh lime juice ($12)
- Draft (16oz $7.70 / 23oz $11)
- Stone IPA
- Arrogant Bastard Ale
- Stone Pale Ale 2.0
- Saint Archer Blonde Ale
- Bottle ($7.70)
- Ballast Point Pale Ale (12oz)
- Coronado Orange Avenue Whit (12oz)
- Modern Times Amber Ale (16oz)
Wine By The Glass
- Sparkling Wine ($11.50): Scharffenberger Brut (Mendocino County, California)
- Sauvignon Blanc ($10.75): Brassfield (High Valley, California)
- Chardonnay ($8.75): La Terre (California)
- Chardonnay ($13.25): Fess Parker (Santa Barbara, California)
- Malbec ($11): Las Posta Pizella (Spain)
- Cabernet Sauvignon ($13): Earthquake (Lodi, California)
- Syrah ($9.75): Los Dos (Campo de Borja, Spain)
- Pinot Noir ($12): Aquinas (Sonoma County, California)
Location: Terminal 2 East, 2nd floor, near Gate 23
Hours: 5am – 10pm daily
Safe travels y’all!
Chelsea Rose Martin