Want to take a European vacation without even leaving the US? Yes please!
Last week my friend Katie and I picked up a rental car and drove 3 hours north to Watch Hill, Rhode Island. This destination had been on my list for awhile now, and what better way to experience it than at Ocean House celebrating the opening of their popular Gondola Village. Ocean House’s Gondola Village first opened in 2019, and it instantly became popular for locals and travelers alike. Now what is Gondola Village?
Drawing inspiration from the French après-ski experience, the outdoor village features three decked-out gondolas (did someone say Veuve Clicquot?), two firepits with chairs complete with cozy blankets and pillows, and of course all of the festive decor (including a new mural wall!) your heart could desire. In collaboration with Veuve Clicquot, the champagne will be flowing and paired with either light bites or culinary items served on and in beautiful Le Creuset cookware, bakeware, and dinnerware in rich colors.
The Gondola Village just opened December 4th and offers a few different dining experiences:
- Enjoy a French four-course meal including a welcome Veuve Clicquot cocktail and specialty dishes such as brie cheese flambé, boeuf bourguignon, and tarte tatin.
- Pre-dinner, in-gondola experience that includes a bottle of Veuve Clicquot champagne & a curated menu of light bites.
- Sit around the fire pit and take in sunset views while snacking on truffle popcorn, warm marinated olives, salted almonds, and a bottle of Veuve Clicquot.
It is truly a winter experience you will not forget, whether it’s for a romantic couple of two or a gathering of friends. Book your reservation here!
And if Gondola Village wasn’t enough to get you to make the trip, Ocean House is truly one of the most special properties I have stayed at in the US. The history of the property, the views, the food & beverage, and the quintessential New England feel really make it a stay to remember. I already can’t wait to return in summer and fall (especially since it was SUCH an easy drive from NYC!)
Book your stay at Ocean House through me & receive:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily breakfast for two guests per bedroom
- $100 resort credit
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
You can either email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or book your stay using my hotel booking tool here!
Safe travels y’all!
Chelsea Rose Martin