Ah, Paris. It really is always a good idea.
Over the past couple years I have had the chance to come to Paris on various occasions, with each experience being different than the last. While this romantic city is wonderful in every season, I had only been to Paris during cold months, so I was so excited to plan a two night stay this June and experience a Parisian summer!
This trip I partnered with onefinestay to bring to you my favorite spots in this dreamy city!
WHERE TO STAY
If you want to really immerse yourself in the local scene, staying in an apartment in one of Paris’ best neighborhoods is a great option. However, renting an apartment can be daunting – we’ve all heard the nightmare stories of people using 3rd party rental sites and not getting what was advertised. Which is why I was so excited when I found onefinestay! onefinestay specializes in luxury apartment and villa rentals in destinations all over the world. I had the opportunity to stay in the most adorable 2-bedroom apartment near Montmartre in Paris, and it was the perfect way to explore Paris and feel like a local.
It’s surprisingly affordable to rent an apartment in Paris. Our place starts at $297 per night, less expensive than a typical hotel room. Not only were we just steps away from the best local cafes and sights of the 9th arrondissement, it was so convenient to have a kitchen, washer, and a full living room to spread out. Not to mention a cute little balcony to sip our morning coffee!
The best part is that you have peace of mind because I am still your Travel Advisor and take care of every detail for you. When you arrive, you will be met by a representative of the company and they will give you a tour and answer any questions you may have. Other amenities include:
- You can tailor your stay with extra services and experiences when you book with me.
- onefinestay is the only company that visits and vets each home in person. You will be assured that it meets our standards in the luxury rental market.
- Every home is prepared to top notch hospitality standards for your stay
- onefinestay Guest Services team is available 24/7 for anything you need
Since onefinestay is a member of Virtuoso, they offer additional amenities when you book through a Virtuoso Travel Advisor. If you book at any of their legacy locations (London, Paris, Rome, Milan, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, and Miami), you will receive your choice of $100 value Fridge fill on arrival or $100 Concierge credit to be used towards guest experiences offered by their Concierge in the booked destination. These experiences can include car hire, transfers, private chef, or additional grocery items.
Other onefinestay luxury apartment rentals in Paris I like are:
- Rue de Varenne III (Saint Germain)
- Rue de Chazelles (Arc de Triomphe / Champs Elysees)
- Rue d’Alésia Townhouse (Montparnasse)
- Rue d’Aumale (Louvre / Opera)
WHERE TO EAT & DRINK
- Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée: We had breakfast here, but I love the approach to their tasting menu at this three Michelin Star restaurant – healthy, natural, locally sourced, and seasonably relevant.
- Breizh Cafe: Crepes! A must in Paris, and these are the best in my opinion
- Bustronome: Very cool experience having a coursed out brunch or dinner on a double decker bus driving through Paris! We made stops at many of the famous sights as well.
- Cafe de Flore: Okay, it may be touristy but there is so much history here and in the wonderful Saint Germain neighborhood. Stop by for a cappuccino & croissant or bowl of onion soup!
- Frenchie: True story I have tried to eat here multiple times and have failed each time, but if you can manage it – do it!
- L’As du Fallafel: Casual, cheap street food (or get a table inside if you’re lucky) at its finest with the best falafel I’ve had.
- Pink Mamma: Be prepared to wait in line, but also be prepared for an amazing, authentic Italian meal in a gorgeous space at amazing prices. Absolutely. Worth. It.
- Season: Trendy, healthy brunch in the Marais!
Drinks & Snacks
- Hemingway Bar: Go visit the legendary Colin Field at this Ritz Paris haunt. You never know who you might see here!
- Ladurée: Macaron heaven at Paris’ famous mint-colored macaron shop; check out their cafe & restaurant as well!
- Le Rooftop at The Peninsula: For an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower, go here.
- No Entry: Italian speakeasy with creative cocktails
- Ritz Afternoon Tea: A classy, sweet experience in this iconic Parisian hotel
WHAT TO DO
- Arc de Triomphe: Head up to the top of the Arc de Triomphe for a view that I personally think is better than the Eiffel Tower!
- Musée d’Orsay: My favorite museum in Paris! Love all of the Monet.
- Musée de l’Orangerie: Another amazing museum for Monet lovers (me!)
- Palais Royal: Grab some fun photos and enjoy strolling around the gardens & shops, then grab a coffee & cookie at Café Kitsuné
- Sacré-Cœur: Stroll around the Montmartre neighborhood then head up the Sacré-Cœur for some of the most beautiful views of Paris.
- Tuileries Gardens: A wonderful way to spend the afternoon walking around these beautiful gardens that lead right up to the Louvre!
- Versailles: Take a day trip out to the Place of Versailles to explore the most impressive residence I’ve ever seen
Safe travels y’all!
Chelsea Rose Martin
This post is brought to you in partnership with onefinestay. All opinions are my own.