I MAY HAVE FOUND MY NEW FAVORITE AIRPORT EATERY. Berkshire Farms Market in Terminal B, you are a beautiful place. It is a Tastes on the Fly concept which focuses on bringing local dining experiences to Boston, Denver, San Francisco, and JFK airports. Local food that’s actually good in an airport… I’m in.
One thing I don’t particularly like about “airport” food is the lack of choices. Well Berkshire Farms Market has got them. The selection of salads is insane! There are also sandwiches, cheese plates, and more if you’re feeling something a little heartier.
Another thing I love is that they list where they source their ingredients from so you can see firsthand that it truly is local. Any place that lists which farms they source their ingredients from is a winner in my book. Plus a juice/smoothie bar?! They should have just named it Chelsea’s Market.
So what does this incredible market offer?
The BEST part! Freshly-made juices & smoothies with good ingredients and not outrageously priced.
Fresh Squeezed Juices (12 oz $6.95, 16 oz $7.95)
- Simple Green: Kale, spinach, celery, cucumber, lemon
- Refresher: Cucumber, apple, lemon, ginger
- Root Down: Beet, carrot, celery, ginger
Smoothies (16 oz $6.50)
- Patriot: Raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, almond milk, greek yogurt, banana
- Green Is Good: Spinach, coconut water, almond milk, banana, almond butter, parsley
- Pina Colada: Pineapple, mango, banana, orange juice, coconut milk
- Boosts: Spirulina, chia seeds, hemp protein powder, flax seeds, almond butter, greek yogurt (each $1.50)
Breakfast is served until 10:30am here. If I had been here by that time, I would have definitely ordered the Route 7 breakfast sandwich!
- Route 7 Breakfast Sandwich: Diced tomatoes, avocado, red onions, arugula with olive oil and eggs served on Iggy’s 7 grain bread (also can be served on Udi’s Gluten Free bread) ($6.95)
- Steel Cut Oatmeal: Nuts, fresh berries, agave nectar (vegan) ($5.95)
Great refrigerated snacks from hummus platters to honey scented parfaits. Or you can just get the cheese & charcuterie platter because cheese always wins.
- Hummus & Veg Cup: Chickpea hummus, celery, carrots ($5.95)
- Fruit Salad Cup: Cantaloupe, honey dew, pineapple, grapes, strawberries ($5.95)
- Seasonal Berries Cup: Blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries ($6.95)
- Honey Scented Parfait: Honey scented yogurt, Berkshire organic granola, fresh berries ($5.95)
- Hummus Platter ($10.95)
Such great salad choices! I was thoroughly impressed with the variety. I had the Kale & Chickpea Salad with Beets, and it tasted very fresh and the flavors were delicious. Highly recommend it!
- Chickpea Salad: Chickpeas, green peppers, edamame beans, sunflower oil, olive oil, cranberries, sea salt, italian seasoning, ground black pepper, vinegar, cumin ($4.95)
- Prosciutto & Berkshire Fresh Mozzarella ($9.95)
- Seasonal Berry & Goat Cheese Salad ($8.95)
- Kale Spinach & Quinoa Salad ($8.95)
- Greek Salad ($7.95)
- Kale & Chickpea Salad with Beets ($8.95)
Great drink selection from kombucha to green juices to bottled teas to Bai.
- Katalyst Kombucha: Flavors like Jasmine, Green Lovin, Pure Essence, Ginger Devotion, Schizandraberry ($4.95)
- Bai: Flavors like Malawi Mango, Molokai Coconut, Ipanema Pomegranate, Panama Peach, Costa Rica Clementine ($3.25)
SNACKS! There’s an assortment but my two favorites were the raw kale chips (huge bag, low calories, high nutritional value) and the baked fruit. Those two together would make for a great afternoon snack!
- Revitalive Raw Kale Chips: Dehydrated not baked, 180 calories for the whole bag ($9.95)
- Farmer’s Crate Baked Fruit: Pineapple, mango or apple, 90 calories per bag ($4.95)
Safe travels y’all!