Welcome to the party!
Just over a week ago I had the pleasure of staying at the new Breathless Cabo San Lucas Resort before they even officially opened. Yep, it was definitely a different and new experience for me but also a very pleasant one. This resort is trendy, beautifully designed, friendly, and delicious. The food! While I didn’t get to experience all the greatness that this resort will become, I got a taste of what it will be like and it is good.
I can’t wait to come back once it’s officially open and all of the restaurants and amenities are up and running. This place is truly a stunner y’all.
This is more of a photo diary than anything, so click on the photos to make them bigger!
Breathless Cabo San Lucas’ party officially starts on December 17, 2015.
Chic and contemporary. This hotel is so well-designed down to the pillows on the couches in the lobby to the sinks in the public bathrooms. A quick little overview…
- 169 guestroom suites
- 7 restaurants
- 5 bars
- 2 pools
- All-inclusive (food, beverages, WiFi, activities)
- Spa & fitness center
- Daily/nightly parties and events
Every room boasts a marina or ocean view, so there is no bad room here. Also, all rooms offer a daily refreshed mini bar, 24-hour room service and a balcony. The differences between the standard rooms and the xhale club rooms are:
- Allure Suites (starting from $259 per night per person): Standard guest room suite with either one king or two double beds
- xhale Club Suites (starting from $335.50 per night per person): Extras include:
- VIP host service
- Personalized check-in and check-out
- xhale club status and amenities
- Access to private xhale club lounge
- Upgraded bath amenities
- Pillow menu
- Upgraded mini-bar and room service menu
- Daily continental breakfast service in the lounge
- Pool concierge & bar service
- Afternoon hot and cold hors d’ouevres, exquisite desserts & fine liquors in the lounge
- Complimentary newspaper in room every day upon request
FOOD & BEVERAGE
The best part of course! While only one restaurant was open during our time there, we definitely got a good taste of what Breathless will be offering. The restaurant that was open was Bites, which is located at the harbor-side pool. This is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. One thing I loved was the portions. Everything was portioned perfectly and not too big so you could try multiple things!
The restaurants that will be on property are:
- Barefoot Grill: Burgers and snacks on the beach (open 11am – 6pm)
- Bites: Tapas & small plates gastro lounge (open breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- The Nook Cafe: Coffee bar (open 6am – 10pm)
- Fish Net: Grilled specialties (open for lunch)
- Kibbeh: Eastern Mediterranean Lebanese cuisine (open for dinner)
- Spoon: International buffet (open for breakfast & lunch)
- Spumante: Italian specialties (open for dinner)
Fruit plate // Scrambled eggs with chorizo, sides of beans & hash browns
Lunch / Dinner
Shrimp ceviche // Guacamole (off the menu, but just ask!) // Hanoi roll // Calamari rings // Surf & turf buffalo wings // Smoked marlin tostadas // Duck confit lettuce tacos // Ensenada style fish tacos (substitute grilled fish instead of battered)
Margarita // Pink margarita // Mojito
Try their special Tamarindo Margarita! The bars that will be open on property are:
- Escalate: VIP rooftop lounge (open 10am – 1am)
- Foam: Seaside bar (open 9am – 6pm)
- Freestyle Swim & Entertainment Zone: Swim-up bar (open 10am – 7pm)
- Lush: Spa juice bar (open 8am – 8pm)
- Wink: Main lobby bar (open 9am – midnight)
Although the activities weren’t fully up and running while we were there, we got to see a preview of what’s to come. Pool time during the day, poolside mini-massages, DJs at night… something was always going on even with basically no guests staying on property!
All-inclusive activities will include something for everyone:
Party & Drinking Activities
- Weekly theme nights by the pool
- DJ music day and night
- Pole dancing lessons
- DJing/mixing lessons
- Wine & cocktail tasting sessions
- Mixology classes
Wellness & Fitness Activities
- Two swimming pools
- Paddle yoga
- Massage lessons
- Boot camps on the beach
- Water aerobics
- Spa (massages, body treatments, facials, salon services)
For an Extra Cost
- Scuba diving
- Kite surfing courses
MEETINGS & EVENTS
Whether you’re planning your wedding, incentive trip, board meeting, or more, Breathless can accommodate it. I do need to note that this IS a party resort however. I personally would not place a President’s Club of attendees ranging in age from 50-80 years old here. I do have some groups whose incentive trips are centered around pool parties, so Breathless might be a good option for them. For our small group of 8 for our SITE Texas board meeting, the space worked well although one night it was pretty loud and hard to sleep. Bachelor and bachelorette parties would also fit in well here.
The all-inclusive factor is great too because food and beverage is covered for all meals. The team also can put together special private events. We were lucky enough to have a 5 course dinner out by the pool, complete with a freeze-dried dessert display that was truly a spectacle. They said we were the first to try it out, but based off of all of our reactions I think they’ll be offering it to all of their groups.
There is one 3,779 square foot ballroom that can be separated into two parts, and there are also 4 additional breakout rooms. You can see all the stats here.
If you are interested in booking your next group, event, incentive program, etc. at Breathless (special group rates!) contact me at ChelseaRoseEvents@gmail.com!
Safe travels y’all!
Chelsea Rose Martin