I just discovered my new best friend. I might even move to San Jose so that I can eat it every single day. In fact, I actually ate it every single day I stayed in San Jose. Yes, it is THAT good.
I recently discovered that I have a diary sensitivity, and it honestly has been extremely hard. I am a lover of all things dairy. Mac & cheese, queso at Tex-Mex restaurants, gelato and frozen yogurt are amongst my absolute favorite foods. So what do you do when you find out you cannot eat these wonderful foods? You make a lot of “banana ice cream”. You research vegan restaurants so you can still feel like you’re eating cheese when you’re really eating blended cashews (which is really the best substitute ever). You pretend frozen yogurt doesn’t exist. Nope, never existed. And you buy Lactaid stat because there’s no way you’re going to go back to Italy and not eat copious amounts of mozzarella and gelato.
Well with Pressed Juicery Freeze, all problems are solved. One issue I have with “dairy-free” and vegan food is all of the added, crappy ingredients. I would so much rather be able to eat Greek yogurt which has only a couple ingredients than coconut milk yogurt which has a ton of ingredients. Pressed Juicery Freeze has the most minimal ingredients I have ever seen. I honestly have no idea how they create this product. Their Vanilla Almond flavor has 4 ingredients which are all-natural (think no added sugar, no artificial ingredients, nothing). And their Greens flavor? Composed of all fruits and vegetables. What the what?!
Let’s take a look at this amazing creation…
With flavors ranging from chocolate to greens, there really is a flavor for everyone. I fell in love with the vanilla and chocolate flavors as a night time treat in lieu of dessert, but the greens and roots flavors were my favorites during the day as a lunch or afternoon snack when loaded with fruits and granola.
All nutritional information is per 4 ounces which is their “Size 1” size.
- Greens: Apple, celery, cucumber, kale, lemon, parsley, romaine, spinach, dates, coconut (60 cal, 11g sugar, 1g protein, 0.5g fat)
- Roots: Beets, carrots, apple, lemon, ginger, dates, coconut (60 cal, 10g sugar, 1g protein, 0.5g fat)
- Citrus: Orange, apple, pineapple, dates, coconut (70 cal, 13g sugar, 1g protein, 1g fat)
- Fruit: Strawberry, apple, coconut, dates(70 cal, 12g sugar, 1g protein, 1.5g fat)
- Vanilla: Almonds, dates, vanilla bean, sea salt (40 cal, 5g sugar, 1g protein, 1.5g fat)
- Chocolate: Cacao, almonds, dates, vanilla bean, sea salt (80 cal, 4g sugar, 3g protein, 3.5g fat)
You can pick up to two flavors and pricing is:
- Size 1 (4 oz) – $4.95, with toppings $5.95
- Size 2 (8 oz) – $6.50 with toppings $7.50
- Granola Bowl – $7.95 gets you a Size 2 with 2 fruits, granola, & honey
I’m the type of girl who gravitates towards the “bad” toppings (think Oreos, caramel sauce, and anything chocolate), but I love the toppings here because they satisfy my sweets addiction but with a healthy twist. There’s not caramel here but ALMOND BUTTER DRIZZLE. Way better than caramel. My go-to was almond butter drizzle, dark chocolate chips, and some kind of berry. Also since the Granola Bowl comes with berries, granola and honey, it’s basically a healthier version of an acai bowl!
As seen above, the toppings include (may vary slightly based on location):
Seeds & Nuts
- Chia seeds
- Shaved almonds
- Shredded coconut
Sweets & Treats
- Almond butter
- Cacao drizzle
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate goji berries
- Himalayan sea salt
Where can you get Pressed Juicery Freeze?
- Fashion Island (1181 Newport Center Dr, Newport Beach, CA 92660)
- Hollywood (6201 Hollywood Blvd #128, Los Angeles, CA 90028)
- Newport Beach – Westcliff (1116 Irvine Ave, Newport Beach, CA 92660)
- Santa Barbara (651 Paseo Nuevo Suite 305, Santa Barbara, CA 93101)
- The Americana at Brand (132 Caruso Ave, Glendale, CA 91210)
- Palo Alto (660 Stanford Shopping Center Suite 230, Palo Alto, CA 94304)
- Santana Row (1035 Olin Ave, San Jose, CA 95128)
- Walnut Creek (1179A Locust St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596)
Safe travels y’all!